Thursday, October 17, 2013

Halloween wreath, take two

 
 
A few weeks ago, I shared this wreath, with some thoughts on a second version.  Miracle of crafting miracles, I actually made a second version!  
 
 
Same grapevine wreath, but different paint.  This time, I used Rust-Oleum American Accents Ultra Cover Gloss in Real Orange.  I was really happy with the color, shine and coverage, even with the first coat. 
 
For the flowers, I loosely followed this tutorial.  The cream and yellow flowers were made with 2 1/2" circles, while the smaller gray ones were made with 1 1/2" circles.

 
I cut a simple 3" strip of felt with this and tied it to the top with a simple overhand knot. 
 
Except for my uber-procrastination, this project would have taken about a night.  I think I might be slightly addicted to this spray paint/wreath/fabric flower wreath project.  Don't be surprised if you see a few more (dozen) in the future! 
 
What are you doing to decorate for Halloween?  If you are looking for some other fun, simple projects, check these out:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great wreath! Thx for visiting Home Made Modern this week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...