Thursday, November 4, 2010

Gotta love a quickie

A while back, my sister-in-law gave me a book about sewing different bags. I found this great tote pattern that folds up on itself and buttons (think: Envirosax), but it was actually a bit labor-intensive and I couldn't simplify it.  Call me lazy, but I like my sewing to be simple -in style, maintenance and construction.


A little dark - I was taking these photos at night in the sewing room.


So, flash forward to yesterday when I was wanting to make a little something for a friend's birthday (8 days late!) and knew she was a fold-up, environmentally-friendly tote kinda gal.  A bit short on time, I made up my own tote using the button idea, and loved it.  It was one of those projects that didn't take too much time or brain power, and I could enjoy the process, thinking of my friend walking home toting her groceries with her new bag.  Very satisfying!

All buttoned up.

 P.S. See the label?  My aunt had those made up for me LAST year and I just rediscovered them - I love the look - kind of Cath Kidston?  If only...


Fancy crafter!
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...